South West Fairtrade



Follow us...   Twitter RSS Facebook YouTube





Minutes from Meeting in Sept 2018

Notes of Fairtrade Village Group meeting held on September 19th 2018 at Kate’s home.

Apologies; Chryssi, Graham and Lyn

Present; Margaret, Kate, Bob, Pom, Sue.

1. We reviewed the notes of the last meeting, and agreed as a result that

Kate would contact Jo Marshall re Christmas Lights mulled wine ; DONE AND AGREED

Sue would contact Lyn and ask her to ask the WI to take responsibility for the hot chocolate at Owls event in her garden. This event is on December 19th at 7p.m. and we agreed to support the WI in any way they wish in terms of sourcing chocolate etc.

Sue will also check with Lyn re the Art Show arrangements.

2.Fairtrade Fortnight 2019 runs from February 25th until March 10th.

We agreed to push ahead with the producer visit from BLINC. We now all have electronic versions of the biography for Junieth Leiva.

Bob agreed to contact St Kaths to ask for their involvement, and to check out best dates

He also agreed to contact Nick Ward at the Salvation Army to see whether we could use their premises for the supper. DONE AND AGREED IN PRINCIPLE BUT NOT ON MONDAY OR FRIDAY

Sue agreed to contact Crockerne in the same way.

She also agreed to contact Clair Sepulvada re translation support for the supper and BLINC to ascertain the languages spoken by Junieth, and the content she is willing to explore with us in the village i.e. would she talk about the political situation in her country?

We all agreed to see if there were Fairtrade supporters in Portishead in case we add in a visit there during the stay.

Sue will also ask Chryssi if she is able to re -work the application to the Community Forum for funding of £350 to be considered at their October meeting.

Finally we agreed to hold a Fairtrade gingerbread  stall at the Community Market in November(BOB to check the date and the stall situation). Fairtrade Foundation have details of how to make and set up such a stall, and we hope this would raise some money towards Junieth’s costs and also raise awareness about her upcoming visit.

We may be able to encourage the schools to have a stall too, in house, to contribute towards the costs.

3. Pom and Sue agreed to attend the Bristol Fairtrade social event on September 24th.

4 Our next meeting will be on 14th November at 7.30 at the Langtons.

Notes of Fairtrade Village Group meeting held on September 19th 2018 at Kate’s home.

Apologies; Chryssi, Graham and Lyn

Present; Margaret, Kate, Bob, Pom, Sue.

1. We reviewed the notes of the last meeting, and agreed as a result that

Kate would contact Jo Marshall re Christmas Lights mulled wine ; DONE AND AGREED

Sue would contact Lyn and ask her to ask the WI to take responsibility for the hot chocolate at Owls event in her garden. This event is on December 19th at 7p.m. and we agreed to support the WI in any way they wish in terms of sourcing chocolate etc.

Sue will also check with Lyn re the Art Show arrangements.

2.Fairtrade Fortnight 2019 runs from February 25th until March 10th.

We agreed to push ahead with the producer visit from BLINC. We now all have electronic versions of the biography for Junieth Leiva.

Bob agreed to contact St Kaths to ask for their involvement, and to check out best dates

He also agreed to contact Nick Ward at the Salvation Army to see whether we could use their premises for the supper. DONE AND AGREED IN PRINCIPLE BUT NOT ON MONDAY OR FRIDAY

Sue agreed to contact Crockerne in the same way.

She also agreed to contact Clair Sepulvada re translation support for the supper and BLINC to ascertain the languages spoken by Junieth, and the content she is willing to explore with us in the village i.e. would she talk about the political situation in her country?

We all agreed to see if there were Fairtrade supporters in Portishead in case we add in a visit there during the stay.

Sue will also ask Chryssi if she is able to re -work the application to the Community Forum for funding of £350 to be considered at their October meeting.

Finally we agreed to hold a Fairtrade gingerbread  stall at the Community Market in November(BOB to check the date and the stall situation). Fairtrade Foundation have details of how to make and set up such a stall, and we hope this would raise some money towards Junieth’s costs and also raise awareness about her upcoming visit.

We may be able to encourage the schools to have a stall too, in house, to contribute towards the costs.

3. Pom and Sue agreed to attend the Bristol Fairtrade social event on September 24th.

4 Our next meeting will be on 14th November at 7.30 at the Langtons.




What is Fairtrade?
Fairtrade means farmers in developing countries get a fair deal.
More...



Fairtrade events
Fashion shows too food tasting - find out what's on near you now. More...